Below are a few common questions and answers about Future Cruise Credits and how to use them.
When you are ready to begin the planning process call one of our dedicated travel agents to redeem your future cruise credit. We are ready to help you plan your next vacation!
When will I receive my Future Cruise Credit (FCC)?
- For sailings through April 10th, 2020, the Future Cruise Credit will be given via email no later than Monday, April 13th, 2020.
- Future Cruise Credits for recently suspended sailings departing between April 11th – May 11th, 2020 can be expected on-or-before Monday, April 30th, 2020.
Can I book my next cruise before I receive the cancelled sailings Future Cruise Credit?
- Absolutely, simply rebook the desired future ship and sail date, pay the requested deposit on the booking to hold the reservation, and apply the FCC once received.
Can the Future Cruise Credit be used for the deposit?
- Future Cruise Credit must be applied to the cruise fare and cannot be used for the deposit.
Can the Future Cruise Credit be applied to an existing booking?
- Future Cruise Credits can be applied to new reservations created on-or-after March 6th, 2020 – at which time Royal Caribbean’s “Cruise with Confidence” policy was announced
How long will I have to redeem my Future Cruise Credit?
- All cruise with confidence Future Cruise Credits must be redeemed on sailings departing on or before December 31, 2021.
What happens if there's a difference in cruise fare between the Future Cruise Credit I receive and the cruise that I would like to book next?
- If the cruise fare on your new booking exceeds the Future Cruise Credit value, you will have to pay the difference. Alternatively, if the new cruise fare is lower than the Future Cruise Credit value, a new Future Cruise Credit will be issued for the remaining balance.
Do standard Final Payment timelines still apply during this time frame?
- Yes, full payment is still required at 75 days-to-sailing for departures 1-4 nights in length and 90 days-to-sailing for 5+ nights.