Below are a few common questions and answers about Future Cruise Credits and how to use them.
When you are ready to begin the planning process call one of our dedicated travel agents to redeem your future cruise credit. We are ready to help you plan your next vacation!
When will I receive my Future Cruise Credit (FCC)?
- October 16th, 2020, if you were booked on one of the following sailings:
- Spectrum of the Seas October 1st, 2020 – October 31st, 2020
- Australia sailings through December 31st, 2020
- October 23rd, 2020, if you were booked on one of the following sailings:
- Quantum of the Seas December 2nd, 2020 – March 22nd, 2021
- November 4th, 2020, if you were booked on one of the following sailings:
- Global sailings departing November 1, 2020 – November 30, 2020 (excluding repositioning sailings cancelled on August 5, 2020)
Can I book my next cruise before I receive the cancelled sailings Future Cruise Credit?
- Absolutely, simply rebook the desired future ship and sail date, pay the requested deposit on the booking to hold the reservation, and apply the FCC once received.
What if I used a Future Cruise Credit to pay for a cruise that has now been cancelled due to the COVID-19 operations suspension or through the Cruise with Confidence program?
- If you opted in for Cruise with Confidence, you will have two Future Cruise Credits — the original Future Cruise Credit and your Cruise with Confidence Credit. Your original credit will be reinstated with the prior Future Cruise Credit amount, along with the original expiration date or October 31, 2020 – whichever date gives you the most time to use it. You will also receive a new Future Cruise Credit based on the remaining amount paid. This can be redeemed on any sailing departing on or before December 31, 2021 or 12 months from your cancellation date – whichever is further.
- If your sailing was cancelled as part of our COVID-19 operations suspension, you will receive one Future Cruise Credit combining the two amounts: 100% of your original Future Cruise Credit amount and 125% of any additional cruise fare funds paid on the reservation. Your new Future Cruise Credit will have an expiration date of December 31, 2021, and it can be redeemed on any sailing departing on or before April 30, 2022.
Can the Future Cruise Credit be used for the deposit?
- Future Cruise Credit must be applied to the cruise fare and cannot be used for the deposit.
Can the Future Cruise Credit be applied to an existing booking?
- Future Cruise Credits can be applied to new reservations created on-or-after March 6th, 2020 – at which time Royal Caribbean’s “Cruise with Confidence” policy was announced
When can I redeem my Future Cruise Credit?
If you cancelled with our Cruise with Confidence program, your Future Cruise Credits can be used toward any cruise that sets sail through December 31, 2021 or 12 months from your cancellation date – whichever is further.
If Royal Caribbean cancelled your cruise as part of our COVID-19 operations suspension, you can apply your Future Cruise Credit to come back and sail with us by April 30, 2022. Please re-book by December 31, 2021.
What happens if there's a difference in cruise fare between the Future Cruise Credit I receive and the cruise that I would like to book next?
- If the cruise fare on your new booking exceeds the Future Cruise Credit value, you will have to pay the difference. Alternatively, if the new cruise fare is lower than the Future Cruise Credit value, a new Future Cruise Credit will be issued for the remaining balance.
Can I use part of someone else's Future Cruise Credit to cover my own cruise fare?
- Future Cruise Credits in most cases are non-transferable. This means that you cannot use someone else’s credit for your own cruise fare nor vice versa. Any remaining balance on your credit will automatically be created into a new certificate after you’ve completed your sailing.
- However, if you still have a Cruise with Confidence or Global Suspension Future Cruise Certificate, any remaining balances from one person’s credit can be used to cover another passenger if they were originally booked with you.