Great news! Princess Cruises has resumed cruising in the US with Alaska sailings departing Seattle! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
Quick checklist of what you need prior to boarding your cruise. More details can be found below:
- Negative viral COVID-19 test taken within 2 days of departure
- Complete online health questionnaire 72 hours prior to sailing
- Vaccine card if vaccinated, Exception approval if not vaccinated and Travel Insurance Requirement for unvaccinated guests on Florida & Texas based ships
- Masks are now required for all guests regardless of vaccine status
- Shore excursion requirements
Checklist Terms & Conditions
1. Negative viral COVID-19 test taken within 2 or 3 days of departure
All Guests prior to boarding produce a negative, medically-observed viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken within 2 or 3 days of their embarkation on all Princess sailings.
- Voyages sailing through September 12, 2021, ALL guests will be required to produce a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) result taken within 3 days of their embarkation.
- On voyages sailing September 19, 2021 and after, in accordance with updated CDC directives, ALL guests will be required to produce a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) result taken within 2 days of their embarkation.
- Princess understands that it may be difficult for some of our guests to find testing that can provide results within a 2-day turnaround. Accordingly, for guests who did not receive their test results within 2 days prior to their embarkation, they are working to set up mobile testing sites near the embarkation ports to conduct COVID-19 testing the day before, or day of, your cruise departure.
- Please note that testing in the terminal will not be available for vaccinated guests, so it’s critical that you have your negative test results with you upon your arrival. We will not be able to accommodate guests without proof of a negative test.
- Unvaccinated Guests who received a vaccination exemption are still required to take a negative PCR test within 2 or 3 days prior to embarkation and will be tested again in the terminal prior to boarding the ship and again within 24 hours of debarkation (for itineraries five days or longer). Unvaccinated guests will continue to be charged $150 per person for testing and administration. Currently, children under the age of 12 are not eligible to receive a vaccination for COVID-19 and will not be able to sail.
- Internationally Traveling Guests should always ensure they understand all entry and airlines requirements to travel from their home country and the destinations they plan to visit, including where health authorities may require pre-travel COVID-19 testing. Details continue to be updated regularly; official websites and apps developed by government agencies and tourism ministries are the recommended resources.
NEW: At-home antigen test kit available for U.S. vaccinated guests
Great news!! Princess has partnered with Optum so that U.S.-based vaccinated guests can order an FDA-authorized at-home antigen test kit, shipped to their door in 3 business days or less.
- The at-home tests include a personal virtually video-supervised visit with an eMed Certified Guide through telehealth services.
- These guides will help you properly administer the test and verify the results, within 15 minutes.
- The lab result report is delivered via email and can be printed or displayed on a mobile device during check-in.
- Please place your order with enough time to be shipped prior to your boarding.
- Cost for a set of two tests is $69.99, subject to change. Order Test Kit Online ❯
If a negative COVID-19 test is required for re-entry into your home country, Princess will cover the costs to administer a COVID-19 test. COVID-19 tests will be administered just outside the terminal, near bus parking. Antigen test results will be available in approximately 30 minutes and PCR test results will be available in approximately 60 minutes; please plan your post-cruise travel arrangements accordingly. It is a guests responsibility to know their home country’s health authority and visit travel websites to understand the latest guidance on required testing and timing for return travel.
These new requirements are being implemented to protect our guests and crew while onboard. We expect these requirements will be temporary and we appreciate your cooperation and look forward to welcoming you aboard.
2. Complete online health questionnaire 72 hours prior to sailing
- All guests will be asked to complete an online health questionnaire 72 hours prior to sailing and undergo enhanced pre-embarkation health screenings, which will include confirmation of their health screening responses, validation of their vaccination documents and any required COVID-19 testing.
3. Vaccine information & what to expect if you are unvaccinated.
Vaccinated cruises are available for guests who have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise and have proof of vaccination. Guests will be asked to confirm their status as fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination in advance of boarding. Currently, children under the age of 12 are not eligible to receive a vaccination for COVID-19 and will not be able to sail.
* It's important for guests to come prepared, as those who arrive at the embarkation terminal without the proper proof of vaccination will not be able to cruise, and no refund will be issued.
Which COVID-19 vaccines will be accepted?
Guests who have received one single dose of a vector vaccine (e.g. AstraZeneca) and one single dose of a mRNA vaccine (e.g. Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna) will not be considered fully vaccinated. Guests who have received two single doses of mixed vaccines that are the same type (e.g., mRNA) will be considered fully vaccinated and will be permitted to sail, so long as the final dose is received at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise.
How will you check that I am fully vaccinated?
It is our guests’ responsibility to comply with our current Princess vaccination policy.
- Prior to the cruise departure, using the MedallionClass app, guests will be required to attest that they will be fully vaccinated at time of embarkation. This means completing all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series at least 14 days before embarkation.
- Guests should be ready to show original proof of vaccination at cruise check-in.
- The original proof of vaccination should clearly show the guest’s name on the vaccination card matching their photo ID, the dates of vaccine doses (final dose must have been received at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise), and the name of facility administering the vaccination.
- Alternative proof may be required if there are questions and concerns about the submitted proof of vaccination.
- Failure to provide this evidence will result in denial of boarding. Information provided will be subject to our privacy notice on princess.com, and shared only as needed with Princess personnel, third parties or local health authorities as part of screening and embarkation-related health protocols.
Princess has not announced a vaccine or testing policy for other ships that might return to service in the coming months.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
Please note that these guidelines are subject to change.
4. Do I need to wear a mask?
For ships where at least 95% of both crew and passengers are fully vaccinated, cruise ship operators, at their discretion, may advise passengers and crew that they do not have to wear a mask or maintain physical distance in any area.
Masks may be required to be worn in terminals and during embarkation and disembarkation. While guests will be vaccinated, cruise lines will follow protocols and requirements for each destination while ashore.
Temporary Mask Policy for cruises departing Sunday, August 8, 2021:
- All guests ages 12 and older will be required to wear face masks in elevators and in designated indoor entertainment areas, all retail shops, and in the casino, except when eating or drinking.
- Guests will be required to wear face masks prior to being seated in our main dining rooms and in the World Fresh Marketplace area. You may occasionally be asked to wear a mask in other designated areas where larger number of guests may congregate.
- As a reminder, masks are required during embarkation and debarkation in the terminal, and masks must also be worn during the debarkation process on board.
- It is recommended guests wash or replace their mask daily and choose a good quality double-layer cloth or medical-grade mask.
- Please note that bandanas, neck gaiters and masks with exhaust valves will not be accepted as a substitute for a face mask and that visors and face shields are only permitted when used in addition to a mask.
5. Shoreside Experiences: Can I get off the ship at port?
It is more than likely that you will need a booked shore excursion to get off the ship once you arrive at port.
According to the CDC's Conditional Sailing Order cruise ship operators, at their discretion, may advise passengers and crew that — if they are fully vaccinated — they may engage in self-guided or independent exploration during port stops, if they wear a mask while indoors. The cruise ship operator is additionally advised that foreign jurisdictions may have their own requirements.
Things to know:
- Cruise lines are working with local authorities, destinations and tour operators so that the enhanced health and safety measures on board are maintained ashore
- Guests must follow the health protocols for every port we visit
These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
Health & Safety on the Ship
Majestic Princess offering TrulyTouchless™ experiences with more ways to support physical distancing and personalization that simplifies the guest experience and delivers next-level service supporting new health protocols.
The cruise line’s award-winning OceanMedallion wearable device replaces the traditional cruise card and pairs with embedded IoT (“Internet of things”) -driven innovative technology to significantly expand touch-free options and personalization on board Majestic Princess, including:
- Touchless embarkation and disembarkation
- Keyless stateroom entry
- Completely contactless commerce
- Simplified safety training
- On-demand food, beverages and retail items delivered anywhere on board
- Guest service requests via mobile device chat
- Location-based gaming and wageringPrincess Cruises…
- Entertainment content via smart devices
Check here for the most up to date information on each Cruise Destination, including vaccination requirements, mask mandates, shore excursions, and insurance requirements.