You get more when you book with Cruises.com instead of booking directly with the cruise line. We give you our exclusive bonus offers, plus all qualifying Princess Cruises offers, plus all of the Captain's Circle benefits. Book your next Princess Cruise today!
Call us at 800-288-6006 if you need help finding the perfect cruise.
Great news! Princess Cruises has resumed cruising! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
The CDC removed its travel warning for cruise ships on March 31, 2022. Princess will continue participation in the CDC voluntary program.
Need to know Information
Pre-cruise boarding checklist:
- Negative viral COVID-19 test taken within 2 days of departure
- Complete online health questionnaire 72 hours prior to sailing
- Vaccine card if vaccinated
- Masks will be recommended, but not required in the vast majority of venues
- Shore excursion requirements
- Passport Book or Passport Card, valid for at least six months after your cruise, is recommended.
- No passport? Bring a state-certified U.S. Birth Certificate + a valid Driver's License or picture ID issued by the government for age 16 and older.
- If the name doesn't match, bridging documents are required, like a Marriage Certificate.
Princess Cruise Line Health & Safety FAQs
Will I need to have a pre-travel viral COVID-19 test performed prior to boarding the ship?
All Guests prior to boarding produce a negative, medically-observed viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken within 2 days of their embarkation on all Princess sailings.
- Guests will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test along with proof of full vaccination upon arrival in the terminal and can then proceed on board.
- For select longer cruises, including voyages 15 days and longer, Panama Canal Full Transit, Hawaii and Transatlantic voyages, in addition to the pre-cruise test, vaccinated guests may also have an antigen COVID-19 test administered at the terminal at embarkation as a precaution. The test will be provided on a complimentary basis and doesn’t need to be scheduled in advance.
- Guests who travel internationally should always ensure they understand all entry and airline requirements to travel from their home country and the destinations they plan to visit, including where health authorities may require pre-travel COVID-19 testing.
Where can I get a COVID-19 test near me?
- Guests may take their COVID-19 test at any participating drug store (Walgreens, CVC).
- Schedule an appointment with your medical professional.
- Fully vaccinated guests can order at home test with live video supervision (partnered with Princess)
- Optum - two tests is $69.99 - The at-home tests include a personal virtually video-supervised visit with an eMed Certified Guide through telehealth services.
- Radeas - $45 each - at-home antigen test kit which includes a telemedicine consultation.
- At Terminal: There will be a limited number of tests at the terminal for $100 per person in Ft Lauderdale and San Diego.
If a negative COVID-19 test is required for re-entry into your home country, Princess will cover the costs to administer a COVID-19 test. COVID-19 tests will be administered just outside the terminal, near bus parking. It is a guests responsibility to know their home country’s health authority and visit travel websites to understand the latest guidance on required testing and timing for return travel.
These new requirements are being implemented to protect guests and crew while onboard. We expect these requirements will be temporary and we appreciate your cooperation and look forward to welcoming you aboard.
What are the COVID-19 vaccination requirements to cruise?
For cruises departing from the U.S., Princess Cruises continues to operate highly vaccinated cruises that meet the U.S. CDC requirement for sailing with at least 90% of guests fully vaccinated, excluding children under five years of age (who are not yet eligible for COVID-19 vaccines).
These cruises are available for guests who have received their final dose of an authorized/approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise and have proof of vaccination, in accordance with CDC guidelines.
In addition, where local regulations allow, Princess is managing an exemption process that supports religious, medical and other guest considerations, but children under five may be booked without an exemption.
Which COVID-19 vaccines will be accepted on board?
Acceptable vaccines are those that are approved, or have an emergency use authorization or listing from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Pfizer: 2 Doses
- Moderna: 2 Doses
- Johnson & Johnson: 1 Dose
- AstraZeneca: 2 Doses
- Sinopharm: 2 doses
- Sinovac: 2 Doses
- Covaxin: 2 Doses
- Novavax: 2 Doses
Can I have mixed vaccines?
In a two-dose series, we accept mixed vaccine types only if at least 2 doses of an authorized vaccine were administered at least 28 days part, with the last dose given at least 14 days before sailing. See Which COVID-19 vaccines will be accepted on board? for a list of currently approved or authorized vaccines.
Do I need a COVID-19 vaccine booster to be considered fully vaccinated?
COVID-19 vaccine boosters are strongly recommended by the US CDC for everyone eligible at least 7 days before embarkation.
Boosters may be required by certain health authorities on the itinerary or required on specific voyages. New vaccination entry requirements can change without notice, so we recommend you keep your vaccination status up to date and ensure you are familiar with the requirements for the destinations you plan to visit.
How will you check that I am fully vaccinated?
It is our guests’ responsibility to comply with our current Princess vaccination policy.
- Prior to the cruise departure, using the MedallionClass app, guests will be required to attest that they will be fully vaccinated at time of embarkation. This means completing all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series at least 14 days before embarkation.
- Guests should be ready to show original proof of vaccination at cruise check-in.
- The original proof of vaccination should clearly show the guest’s name on the vaccination card matching their photo ID, the dates of vaccine doses (final dose must have been received at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise), and the name of facility administering the vaccination.
- Alternative proof may be required if there are questions and concerns about the submitted proof of vaccination.
- Failure to provide this evidence will result in denial of boarding. Information provided will be subject to our privacy notice on princess.com, and shared only as needed with Princess personnel, third parties or local health authorities as part of screening and embarkation-related health protocols.
Do any vaccination exemptions apply for guests recently recovered from COVID-19?
Guests sailing are required to be fully vaccinated. Documentation of recovery from COVID-19 or blood antibody tests are not accepted in place of a primary vaccination series. Please note that Canada is supporting a process for medical exemptions to vaccination with proper documentation for voyages that include Canada for non-Canadian citizens.
For 2022 Alaska cruisetours and Alaska and non-Alaska cruises starting or ending in Vancouver, Canada:
Vaccination: Please note that Canada is supporting a process for medical exemptions to vaccination with proper documentation for voyages that include Canada for non-Canadian citizens. Cruises beginning or ending in Canada will require all sailing guests 12 and over to be vaccinated, unless they are granted a medical exemption.
Testing: Guests ages five and above will require a medically observed negative viral COVID-19 test result taken before boarding.
- Within 1 day for Antigen
- Within 3 days for PCR
- Children aged two to four will require a viral PCR COVID-19 test within 3 days before boarding, plus a complimentary antigen test taken at the terminal.
Cruise tours: Will not require testing prior to the land portion.
- For cruise tours beginning with the land tour, we’ll facilitate testing prior to guests’ cruise embarkation.
- There is no requirement for disembarkation testing for fully vaccinated guests.
Pre-Boarding Requirements: Within 72 hours of embarkation, the Canadian government requires guests to sign into ArriveCAN from a computer or download the mobile app to provide docs and travel info. Guests will need to bring a copy (digital or printed) of their receipt when they travel.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
Please note that these guidelines are subject to change.
Will I have to wear a face mask or physically distance onboard the ship?
Effective March 1, 2022, masks on board will be recommended, but not required in the vast majority of venues. There may be select venues or certain situations in which masks are required. This will be clearly designated with signage and onboard communications.
General Mask Guidance:
- Additionally, when going ashore, guests must be prepared to follow all local guidance regarding masks and physical distancing. The status of local guidelines will be shared with guests prior to debarkation at the destination.
- We recommend guests wash or replace their mask daily and choose a good quality mask. Health experts recommend the use of higher-grade masks while indoors such as surgical or KN95. Masks should have two or more layers, completely cover the nose and mouth, fit snuggly against the sides of the face and have a nose wire. Please note that visors and face shields will not be accepted as a substitute for a face mask.
Will I be able to explore freely at the port?
The ability for fully vaccinated guests to go ashore in ports of call is controlled by the governments of the ports we visit, based on their specific COVID-19 protocols and requirements. These are subject to change.
- All ports allow fully vaccinated guests to go ashore with Princess shore excursions.
- Some ports may also allow tours sold by port-authorized third-party operators or independent tours and exploration. Please be aware that in select ports you may be required to take a shore excursion provided by Princess to go ashore.
- Unvaccinated guests will only be allowed to go ashore as permitted by local government and through shore excursions sold by or through Princess using tour operators who comply with our COVID-19 controls. Self-exploration or participation in shore excursions not sold through or operated by Princess will not be permitted.
These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
Will I still be able to enjoy the buffet?
Yes, only now we will also have our teammates will serving you at some stations. Tables will be cleaned and sanitized upon each table use.
Can I smoke in the Casino?
There is no smoking in the Casino at all times. Guests must wear a facemask and "sip and cover" when drinking their beverage, Smoking is not allowed anywhere on board during refueling.
Get your choice of a FREE bonus offer when you book with Cruises.com instead of booking directly with the cruise line. We give you our exclusive bonus offers, plus all qualifying cruise line offers, plus all of the cruise line loyalty program benefits. Book online or call 800-288-6006.
Check here for the most up to date information on each Cruise Destination, including vaccination requirements, mask mandates, shore excursions, and insurance requirements.