Pre Cruise & Embarkation Day
- Mandatory Vaccinations on Initial Voyages - All guests and crew must be fully vaccinated, at least 2 weeks prior to departure, in order to board. Guest vaccination requirements are currently for all sailings embarking through October 31, 2021.
- Each guest must submit proof they have completed the full cycle of required doses for the vaccine administered at least 2 weeks prior to their sail date.
- Guests who are not old enough to be vaccinated or otherwise not eligible to be vaccinated will not be allowed on these sailings. Therefore, minors who have not yet been eligible to be vaccinated will not be permitted to sail on these voyages. Minors who have been fully vaccinated are welcome to sail.
Enhanced Screening Protocols
- All guests will undergo an enhanced pre-embarkation health screening, and those considered at risk will undergo additional screening. Additionally, all crew will undergo extensive screening prior to embarkation and constant monitoring throughout the voyage.
- Touchless temperature checks and continuous monitoring of guests and crew throughout the voyage will help identify potential health issues, offering an additional layer of prevention and protection. Touchless temperature checks will occur prior to embarkation
- We’re enhancing our existing Pre-Employment Medical Examination process, which already screens for a wide variety of infectious diseases, to ensure the health and safety of our crew.
Increased Sanitization Measures
- All ships are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected prior to every voyage in accordance with company protocols, which are developed in partnership with CDC’s Vessel Sanitation Program.
- Embarkation terminals will be sanitized continuously, and, where possible, fogged before and after each embarkation and debarkation.
Responsible Social Distancing
- To provide even more space for responsible social distancing, guest capacity on board will be reduced.
- Staggered embarkation and online check-in will be implemented for proper social distancing.
Online check-in and staggered embarkation
- We continue to work with port and government authorities to determine procedures that are in accordance with CDC and global health agencies’ guidance, to implement protocols that allow for proper social distancing during the embarkation process, including staggered embarkation and advanced check-in procedures.
Increased Sanitization Measures
- All staterooms, suites and public areas will be cleaned, sanitized and disinfected at an increased frequency, and including the use of Electrostatic Spray Technology. Increased sanitation efforts include:
- HOCl Fogging in Staterooms & Public Area: Fogging in staterooms and public areas with the disinfectant hypochlorous acid (HOCI). Hypochlorous acid is a non-toxic, powerful oxidant that effectively kills bacteria, spores, and viruses. It is natural and safe to use in open areas since it is comprised of natural elements such as water and salt, and electric charge.
- Increased frequencies of cleaning: Our 24/7 prevention schedule will feature continuous disinfection of public areas and high-traffic touch points. We will ensure that cleaning occurs continuously for all elevators and all public areas during on and off-peak hours.
- Full Service Buffets: Buffets and beverage stations will be full service with staff available to serve guests.
- Personal Hygiene: All guests will be strongly encouraged to engage in frequent handwashing, including when entering food and beverage venues, and hand sanitizer will be prominently placed and easily accessible throughout the ship.
- New medical-grade air-filters, H13 HEPA, that remove 99.95% of airborne pathogens are being installed across our entire fleet to ensure the air you breathe is clean.
- H13 HEPA is one of the highest grades of particulate air filter, removing 99.95% of all particulates 0.1 microns or larger.
- For comparison purposes, COVID-19 is 0.125 microns (25% larger), a single blood cell is 10 microns (10,000% larger) and a single human hair is 75 microns (75,000% larger).
- Touchless temperature checks and continuous monitoring of guests and crew throughout the voyage will help identify potential health issues, offering an additional layer of prevention and protection. Touchless temperature checks will occur:
- Upon returning to the ship from a port of call
- Prior to all meals in dining venues
- Prior to all activities in public venues
- Prior to disembarkation
- A healthy crew helps ensure healthy guests. Constant monitoring of crew health includes temperature checks multiple times per day as well as rigid sanitation protocols.
- We’re exploring on board testing capabilities that will allow crew members to undergo the latest, most advanced form of COVID-19 testing at any time throughout their employment contract
Responsible Social Distancing
- To provide even more space for responsible social distancing, guest capacity on board will be reduced. We are committed to reducing capacity in all public areas throughout the voyage.
- All onboard activities will still be available, although operated at a reduced capacity, and in some cases, slightly modified in order to ensure safe social distancing.
- We’ll take necessary precautions and follow applicable public health guidelines to ensure guest health and safety, which is our highest priority at all times.
Enhanced Medical Resources
- Onboard medical centers will be fully equipped with the latest testing kits and medical supplies. We are also increasing our medical team fleetwide. Additionally, each ship has dedicated isolation accommodations should the need arise. Testing kits and medical supplies include:
- Advanced on-site rapid diagnostic testing for COVID-19
- Increased inventory of medical oxygen equipment
- Increased inventory of vaccinations
- Increased inventory of medication to treat COVID-19
Enhanced Health & Safety Trainings and Continued Education for Crew Members
- We will introduce a newly created onboard position of Public Health Officer, responsible for the oversight of all sanitation and outbreak prevention initiatives.
- Additionally, they will monitor the day-to-day cleanliness of all public areas and accommodations, maintaining compliance with the CDC’s Vessel Sanitation Program.
Extended Ship to Shore Safety
- We’re partnering with our local destinations and tour operators to ensure our industry-leading health and sanitation protocols extend to the shoreside experience.
- We will only visit safe, open ports of call which may cause changes to your itinerary. Keeping our guests up-to-date with the latest confirmed changes impacting their itineraries is a top priority.