The difference is in the details on a luxury cruise with Cruises.com. Set sail aboard high-end cruise lines, choosing from all-inclusive cruise experiences, small ship sailings, megayachts and more with the help of your Personal Cruise Concierge. Plus, enjoy attractive rates and a bevy of bonus offers on every voyage. View all of our Luxury Cruise sailings and offers.
Call us at 800-811-3877 to speak to a Cruise Concierge today.
Great news! Windstar Cruise ships is back in the water! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
Need to know Information
Pre-cruise boarding checklist:
- Proof of Vaccine course (finished at least 14 days prior)
- Negative COVID-19 test administered by an accredited facility within three (3) days of embarkation.
- Masks must be surgical quality
- Travel insurance if required
Windstar Health & Safety FAQs
What are the COVID-19 Testing Requirements to Cruise?
In today’s travel environment a number of countries are requiring Covid testing as a condition of entry. As a convenience for our guests, Windstar Cruises has arranged Covid testing facilities onboard our yachts.
- All guests sailing Caribbean itineraries (Wind Star, Wind Surf, Star Legend) are required to have a negative PCR test prior to boarding the yacht.
- A PCR test may be taken up to three days prior to boarding the flight to the embarkation city.
- In addition, please check testing requirements for your destination before you depart from home.
- Please note that PCR tests must be administered by an accredited facility, home test kits will not be accepted.
- As an extra precaution, all guests sailing in French Polynesia (Wind Spirit, Star Breeze) will receive a free COVID-19 PCR test at the pier prior to embarkation and a negative result is needed to embark.
Do I need a vaccine to travel on a Windstar Cruise?
Windstar Cruises will require proof of a current COVID-19 vaccination finished at least 14 days prior to the guest's embarkation date for all guests sailing aboard Windstar yachts.
What is considered to be "fully vaccinated"?
A guest is considered fully vaccinated after the required number of doses in their vaccine series have been fully administered at least 28 days apart and at least 14 days before sailing. Example: Pfizer: 2 Doses, Moderna: 2 Doses, Johnson & Johnson: 1 Dose or any vaccine that has been approved for use in guests home country and is accepted by the location the ship is sailing in.
What proof of vaccine do I need to provide?
Proof includes the original vaccination record document issued by either (1) the country's health authority that administered the vaccination (ex CDC's Vaccination Record Card) or (2) the guests medical provider that administered the vaccination, or the appropriate documentation, such as a QR code document, that is issued by the public health authority in the nation of residence of the individual.
Do I need a booster vaccines to sail?
It is highly recommend you receive your booster for extra protection if you are eligible at least one week before you depart from home. Some destinations require the booster if the last shot is more than 9 months prior.
- COVID-19 booster shots are now required in many countries including in Europe and Tahiti. Please check all countries you will be visiting on your cruise to be sure you meet the vaccine and booster requirements. Policies are evolving rapidly.
Are there any exceptions for children not old enough to receive the vaccine?
Windstar is not currently making any exceptions to the vaccination policy, and so unvaccinated children would not be permitted to sail at this time.
Are there any exceptions for unvaccinated individuals who cannot take the vaccine or does not want to be vaccinated?
Windstar is not currently making any exceptions to the vaccination policy. This group of guests will not be permitted to sail at this time.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
Do I need to wear a mask?
Beginning 5 March 2022, guests sailing on vessels conducting Caribbean itineraries (Wind Star, Star Legend, Wind Surf) will no longer be required to wear face masks onboard. This includes removing the mask requirement for both indoor and outdoor spaces.
Guests sailing on ships in French Polynesia (Star Breeze and Wind Spirit) will still be required to wear masks in indoor spaces and outdoors when social distancing is not possible. This is a requirement of the French Polynesian health authorities.
Can I get off the ship at port?
Windstar allows independent exploration ashore unless prohibited by the local government. All shore excursions will be vetted by our expert team to ensure best practices in health and safety protocols are followed.
Get your choice of a FREE bonus offer when you book with Cruises.com instead of booking directly with the cruise line. We give you our exclusive bonus offers, plus all qualifying cruise line offers, plus all of the cruise line loyalty program benefits. Book online or call 800-288-6006.
Check here for the most up to date information on each Cruise Destination, including vaccination requirements, mask mandates, shore excursions, and insurance requirements.