The difference is in the details on a luxury cruise with Cruises.com. Set sail aboard high-end cruise lines, choosing from all-inclusive cruise experiences, small ship sailings, megayachts and more with the help of your Personal Cruise Concierge. Plus, enjoy attractive rates and a bevy of bonus offers on every voyage. View all of our Luxury Cruise sailings and offers.
Call us at 800-811-3877 to speak to a Cruise Concierge today.
Great news! Cunard Cruises is beginning to sail! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
The CDC removed its travel warning for cruise ships on March 31, 2022. Cunard Cruises will continue participation in the CDC voluntary program through at least April 22nd.
Need to know Information
- Obtain evidence of your Covid-19 vaccination status
- Print e-tickets, boarding passes and luggage labels from My Cunard
- Complete the Health Declaration in My Cunard between one and three days before your vacation.
- Please bring your printed and signed Passage Contract and Covid-19 Risk Acceptance to the terminal at check-in.
- If you live outside of the UK, ensure you’re aware of, and have pre-booked, all Covid-19 tests that may be required when returning home to your country of residence.
- Pack face masks and hand sanitizer.
Cunard Health & Safety FAQs
Do I need a vaccine to travel on a Cunard Cruise?
- Proof of vaccination and the dates given will be required (approved forms of evidence will be confirmed closer to time of departure) and this will be required to be shown at the terminal prior to boarding.
- Failure to provide this evidence will result in denial of boarding at your own expense.
- Guests of all ages must meet the requirements of the COVID-19 vaccination policy.
- All guests will be asked to complete a health declaration questionnaire 72 hours before sailing and online check in will be mandatory.
- We are following all of the latest guidance to evolve our enhanced protocols to protect the health and well-being of guests, crew and the communities we visit once we begin sailing again.
- Unfortunately, when we return we will be unable to accept guests who have the following medical requirements:
- Supplementary oxygen (including via oxygen concentrator)
- Mechanical ventilator support (except for overnight CPAP for sleep apnea Dialysis
- Within the 14 days prior to the cruise:
- Have been unwell with confirmed or suspected COVID-19
- Have been in close contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19
- Have been advised to self-isolate under a government Test and Trace system
What Vaccines are accepted?
This can either be two doses of the currently approved Covid-19 vaccines or the approved single-dose Janssen Covid-19 vaccine (approved by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)).
- Please note a single dose of any other vaccine will not be deemed ‘fully vaccinated’.
- All guests will also require a negative Covid-19 test at the terminal which will be provided on a complimentary basis.
- At the time of travel, some ports of call may stipulate specific vaccine or testing policies for guests going ashore that differ from this policy.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
Please note that these guidelines are subject to change.
What Pre-Cruise Testing is Required?
Pre-embarkation Covid-19 tests will be required at the terminal. We will update this page as necessary and update all guests prior to their cruise departure date. Please do ensure that your preferences and contact details are up to date in My Cunard.
- Once on board, testing may be required to go ashore in various destinations on our itineraries.
- These tests will be available to purchase on board (at a cost of $25 per antigen test per person and $35 per PCR test per person).
- Currently, the majority of ports we will be visiting this year do not require entry testing. Destinations may also have various documentation requirements.
- Guests are responsible for meeting the entry requirements of each destination but we will be happy to guide guests through all testing and documentation needs on board.
Do I need to wear a mask?
While it is highly recommend that guests wear masks on board, they are only required in the theater, cinema, or if you visit the medical center. Your mask must cover your nose and mouth and be of good quality (ideally medical grade). Re-usable masks should be washed regularly, and visors and face shields aren’t accepted as a substitute for a face mask.
Off the ship, masks are required during embarkation, disembarkation, and when using tender boats. Some destinations may also require you to wear masks when ashore and we recommend taking one with you whenever you disembark the ship.
Can I get off the ship at port?
Guests can still go ashore to explore the rich variety of ports we visit, and can be reassured that their well-being is protected. Port transfer and organized shore experience operators will be subject to new policies and procedures to reflect the latest approved guidance in line with our onboard protocols and will comply with all local guidance relating to social distancing and face coverings, which may differ from the guidance in your home country.
- Port transfer and organized shore experience operators will be subject to new policies and procedures to reflect the latest approved guidance in line with our onboard protocols.
- Unfortunately some of our existing experiences may have to be put on hold at this time if they cannot be run in a COVID-safe environment, but we’re introducing a new range of options
- Temperature checks and health screening may be carried out again when returning to the ship.
These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
Book smart and get your choice of a FREE bonus offer when you book with Cruises.com instead of booking directly with the cruise line. We give you our exclusive bonus offers, plus all qualifying cruise line offers, plus all of the cruise line loyalty program benefits.
Book online at Cruises.com or call 800-288-6006 today.
Check here for the most up to date information on each Cruise Destination, including vaccination requirements, mask mandates, shore excursions, and insurance requirements.