Great news! Azamara Cruises is back in the water! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
Do I need a vaccine to travel on an Azamara Cruise?
The health and safety of our guests, crew and partners is our priority. In addition to enhancing our existing health and safety standards, vaccines provide an additional layer of protection for you and our crew to reduce the spread of COVID19. We continue to review and enhance this policy with the governments where we sail as well as our medical team and will communicate to guests and travel partners ahead of sailing.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
Things to know:
- Azamara will require all guests 18 and older and crew to be fully vaccinated no later than 14 days prior to departure.
- Both doses will be required or approved single-dose vaccines.
- Vaccines must be accepted by the World Health Organization and guests will be required to show verified documentation at check-in.
- Verified documentation should be in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by either
- The country’s health authority that administered the vaccination (e.g., U.S. CDC's Vaccination Record Card) or the guest's medical provider that administered the vaccination.
Please note that these guidelines are subject to change.
Do I need to wear a mask?
Guests will have to follow all local guidance at the destinations we visit, including testing/health screening, mask wearing, physical distancing and organized/independent activities.
Things to know:
- All guests and crew will be required to wear face masks when physical distancing isn’t possible including indoor public areas, terminals and during shore excursions in accordance with the Healthy Sail Panel and CDC latest recommendations.
- Guests will not be required to wear masks in their staterooms, while dining in restaurants or in outdoor areas where physical distancing can be maintained.
- Each guest will be provided with a mask upon arriving in their stateroom. However, we encourage you to pack and wear your own face masks to ensure you're comfortable with the mask and it fits properly.
Can I get off the ship at port?
Views on independent exploration by international visitors varies from country to country and even port to port. This remains a very fluid situation. We encourage all guests to explore further on one of our curated and controlled shore excursions, whether that be a small group experience or a private one.
Things to know:
- We encourage all guests to explore on one of our curated and controlled shore excursions, whether that be a small group experience or a private one.
- We’re continually monitoring public health guidelines and will modify policies as new information becomes available and standards evolve.
These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
Health & Safety on the Ship
All ships are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized prior to every voyage, consistently and frequently throughout your sailing, with disinfecting cleaning agents and techniques that have been certified by health authorities as effective against SARS-Cov-2 (coronavirus).
Buffets will now be served by crew rather than self-service, and more covered or wrapped grab-and-go items will be made available for your convenience around the ship.
Things to know:
- Around the ship, you'll find we've increased Purell® hand sanitizer stations.
- Gloves will be provided to our crew members who require them in their roles, and guests are welcome to bring their own.
- All chemicals are EPA-certified, alcohol-based, and safe for the general population
- Azamara has added new HVAC filtration systems, the air you breathe indoors aboard each of our boutique-style ships is comparable to the fresh sea air you breathe while relaxing on deck.
- This advanced filtration system takes in fresh sea air and moves it through a 2-stage filter, plus copper coils, to eliminate 99.99% of germs.
- We have also committed to changing the filters at twice the frequency recommended by the manufacturer for added quality protection.
Check here for the most up to date information on each Cruise Destination, including vaccination requirements, mask mandates, shore excursions, and insurance requirements.