Explore Again, Sail Well Guest Protocols
What testing information do I need to know for my upcoming cruise?
Azamara does not require a negative COVID-19 test prior to boarding unless this is required by local country regulations
- It is highly recommended that guests take a COVID-19 test prior to starting their travels
Can I sail without a COVID-19 vaccine?
Sailings that start and stop in the U.S.
- Azamara no longer requires proof of vaccination for sailings starting and ending in the U.S.
Sailing departing from and returning to Europe (including Canary Islands)
- Beginning March 11, 2023, sailings departing from and returning to Europe do not require COVID-19 vaccination
Sailings departing from other ports including Australia
- Guests 12 years and older must be fully vaccinated at least 14 days before sailing with all required COVID-19 vaccine doses, including a booster shot.
- Guests must show proof of vaccination to sail
- Children under 12 years old will not need to be vaccinated
Do I need to wear a mask?
Following the Vaccination Standard of Excellence guidelines as per the CDC's COVID-19 Voluntary Program, indoor mask wearing although optional, is recommended.
- Masks might be required in the ports of call we visit
- You'll find the entire ship and boarding process set up to allow for physical distancing, which is encouraged whenever interacting with those outside of your traveling party
- We will continue to update you as other country requirements become available
Can I get off the ship at port?
Views on independent exploration by international visitors varies from country to country and even port to port. This remains a very fluid situation. We encourage all guests to explore further on one of our curated and controlled shore excursions, whether that be a small group experience or a private one.
- We encourage all guests to explore on one of our curated and controlled shore excursions, whether that be a small group experience or a private one
- We’re continually monitoring public health guidelines and will modify policies as new information becomes available and standards evolve
What vaccines are accepted where a vaccine is required??
Vaccines that are fully approved or authorized for emergency use by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or the European Medicines Agency (EU) are accepted.
- Please be aware that certain countries we sail from or visit during a voyage may require a specific vaccine, and only those travelers vaccinated with the requisite vaccine will be considered fully vaccinated
- Be sure to review your departure country's requirements or consult our guest materials prior to sailing for these requirements
Can I have mixed vaccinations?
Guests with a mixed series of any two of the following vaccines taken within a minimum of 28 days between doses, will also be considered fully vaccinated: Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca.
- Must consist of at least two doses of vaccines that are fully approved or authorized for emergency use by the U.S. FDA or the European Medicines Agency
- The 2 doses must be administered at least 28 days apart
- The final dose must be completed at least 14 days before sailing
- Mixed vaccines may not be accepted at all ports of call
- Guests who are vaccinated with a mixed series may not be allowed to go ashore at these ports, or may need to undergo additional testing if they wish to go ashore
What proof of vaccinations do I need to bring where vaccinations are required?
Verified documentation should be in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by either:
- The country’s health authority that administered the vaccination (e.g., U.S. CDC's Vaccination Record Card)
- The guest's medical provider that administered the vaccination
Please note that these guidelines are subject to change.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
The difference is in the details on a luxury cruise with Cruises.com. Set sail aboard high-end cruise lines, choosing from all-inclusive cruise experiences, small ship sailings, megayachts and more with the help of your Personal Cruise Concierge. Plus, enjoy attractive rates and a bevy of bonus offers on every voyage. View all of our Luxury Cruise sailings and offers.
Call us at 800-811-3877 to speak to a Cruise Concierge today.
Check here for the most up to date information on each Cruise Destination, including vaccination requirements, mask mandates, shore excursions, and insurance requirements.