The difference is in the details on a luxury cruise with Cruises.com. Set sail aboard high-end cruise lines, choosing from all-inclusive cruise experiences, small ship sailings, megayachts and more with the help of your Personal Cruise Concierge. Plus, enjoy attractive rates and a bevy of bonus offers on every voyage. View all of our Luxury Cruise sailings and offers.
Call us at 800-811-3877 to speak to a Cruise Concierge today.
Great news! American Cruise ships are currently sailing! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
American Cruise Line Health & Safety FAQs
Do I need a vaccine to travel on an American Cruise?
Guests will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination and complete a pre-embarkation health declaration certifying their vaccination status. Vaccination requirements may vary by state and region travelled, but all eligible guests should become vaccinated.
- All crew members must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Guests are considered fully vaccinated if they have received the full regimen of doses required by the vaccine manufacturer. COVID-19 vaccine booster shots received in the time period required to maintain vaccine effectiveness are strongly recommended.
- In the rare instance that a guest may be unvaccinated, that individual will be subject to additional testing and quarantine requirements that may affect their ability to travel or participate in the cruise, including the ability to explore ports of call or join organized events onboard or ashore.
- Any unvaccinated guest is advised that vaccines may become required with minimal notice prior to their cruise.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
Does American Cruise line require COVID-19 Testing?
- All guests embarking on American Cruise Lines vessels must take a COVID-19 test as part of the boarding process.
- Tests will be conducted on the day of embarkation, at either the pre-cruise hotel (if applicable) or upon arrival to the ship.
- During the cruise guests may be tested for COVID-19 every 3 to 4 days as part of a routine testing program.
- Testing is conducted using antigen test kits and takes approximately 15 minutes to produce a result.
- Any unvaccinated guest must receive a molecular COVID-19 test (i.e. NAAT or PCR test) no more than 3 days prior to travel and email the results to email@example.com prior to boarding.
- Unvaccinated guests will also be administered an antigen test on embarkation day and routine testing no less than every 3 days during the cruise.
- Guests on cruises visiting Washington State: the Washington Governor’s office has issued guidance that cruise passengers complete a molecular COVID-19 test (i.e. NAAT or PCR test) no more than 3 days prior to travel.
- Please note that these guidelines are subject to change.
Do I need to wear a mask?
Yes, American Cruise Lines is requiring masks while indoors in public spaces consistent with the orders of the White House’s Executive Order on Promoting COVD-19 Safety in Domestic and International Travel and the U.S. Coast Guard’s Bulletin on COVID-19 Safety Requirements in the Maritime Transportation System require that masks be worn aboard U.S. public maritime vessels.
Can I get off the ship at port?
American Cruise Lines has always taken great care to provide a carefully planned, personalized experience ashore. With small ship capacities, and even small excursion groups, shore excursions will be able to continue in an enjoyable manner.
Things to know:
- Every shore excursion venue has been screened for social distancing capability and sanitation practices. In most cases, only minor edits to planned excursions were needed ensure that social distancing could be maintained.
- While always small, shore excursions will be conducted in even smaller groups to enable social distancing. The exact group size is determined by the ability of each venue to ensure distancing practices and safe exploration.
- Each group will have private transportation directly to and from each venue. Coaches will operate at reduced capacity and will be sanitized before every boarding
These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
Get your choice of a FREE bonus offer when you book with Cruises.com instead of booking directly with the cruise line. We give you our exclusive bonus offers, plus all qualifying cruise line offers, plus all of the cruise line loyalty program benefits. Book online or call 800-288-6006.
Check here for the most up to date information on each Cruise Destination, including vaccination requirements, mask mandates, shore excursions, and insurance requirements.