Get your choice of a FREE bonus offer when you book with Cruises.com instead of booking directly with the cruise line. We give you our exclusive bonus offers, plus all qualifying cruise line offers, plus all of the cruise line loyalty program benefits.
Call 800-288-6006 or Book online at Cruises.com today.
Great news! Costa Cruises is currently sailing! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
The CDC removed its travel warning for cruise ships on March 31, 2022. Costa Cruises will continue participation in the CDC voluntary program through at least April 22nd.
Need to know information
Guests travelling from the United States or Canada or one of the high-risk areas
Starting on December 16, 2021 and for all departures till March 31, 2022 included, the following is required to board:
- The original or digital certificate that shows evidence of a complete vaccination cycle or COVID-19 healing certification for all guests older than 12 years.
- It is required to purchase a Travel insurance that covers Covid. Guests have the option of purchasing Costa's Carefree Travel Protection or their preferred travel insurance.
- Depending on the embarkation pot, our protocols may have additional requirements. Please continue continue below to learn more.
When embarking in Italy:
- Vaccination Certificate: Guest must present at the time of entry into Italy, in paper or digital form, issued by the competent health authority of the country of origin a vaccination certificate confirming the fact that guest has completed the prescribed anti-SARS-CoV-2 vaccination for at least 14 days.
- Certificate of recovery: Can also be presented, must be valid for 180 days from the date of the first positive test.
- Negative Test results: In addition, it is also necessary to present the negative result of a molecular or antigenic test carried out in the 72 hours before entering Italy. Children under the age of 6 are exempted from taking the pre-departure test.
- Passenger Locator Form: Completion of the Passenger Locator Form - Digital localization form - before entering Italy for any length of time. This is located on MyCosta.com and may be completed during web check-in.
Once at the Terminal, we will carry out a quick rapid test on all guests before boarding.
When embarking in Spain and France.
- Access the website: https://www.spth.gob.es/
- Select how you are entering Spain.
- Click on Individual or Family/Group New Form.
- To create your FCS form, fill out all fields and click Send.
- You will shortly receive an email with a security code and a link to the form associated with your trip and obtain your QR code.
- Make sure to fill out this form and sign it before travelling to Spain. Remember that after signing the form you will receive a QR Code associated with your trip that you must carry with you on your mobile phone or printed on paper to pass sanitary control upon arrival. This form is also needed if you are arriving in transit from any other country and that each form is associated with a single journey.
Once at the Terminal, we will carry out a PCR test on all guests before boarding. It is therefore required to arrive within four hours before the departure of the ship.
To be able to embark on a cruise to the Caribbean the following required:
- Valid passport (valid at least 6 months after the cruise)
- Original or complete digital vaccination certificate proving the conclusion of the entire vaccination cycle. (The QR Code alone will not entitle the guest to board)
- Travel insurance that covers Covid taken out before departure
- a negative PCR molecular test carried out within 72 hours before the start of the trip.
- a negative antigen test carried out within 24 hours prior to boarding.
Guests under 12 are not allowed to board as they are not eligible for vaccination.
Costa Cruises Health & Safety FAQ's
Do I need a vaccine to travel on a Costa Cruise?
Most destinations included in these itineraries impose vaccination as an entry requirement for foreign travelers. Therefore, all Guests who have booked or will book a cruise in the 2022 season in the Caribbean and the United Arab Emirates must have completed the complete vaccination cycle.
Guests are considered fully vaccinated if they have received their second dose in a 2-dose series, (or single dose e.g. in case J&J vaccine) at least 14 days prior to the cruise.
Can we have mixed vaccinations?
Guests who received mixed combination of COVID-19 vaccine are accepted as long as they are able to show a fully vaccinated proof as provided by their relevant health authority.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
Do I need to wear a mask?
Costa will require protective masks (surgical or higher protection masks) must be worn when in public areas while on board.
Can I get off the ship at port?
In order to protect your health Costa requires all guests to purchase one of their safe shore excursions to get off the ship through March 31, 2022.
- Costa excursions have new procedures to ensure social distancing, thanks to limited group size and the use of disposable headphones to make for a better experience.
- Costa buses are sanitized after every use and will have reduced occupancy.
- Additional health screenings may be required by local health officials before disembarkation in certain ports
These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
Get your choice of a FREE bonus offer when you book with Cruises.com instead of booking directly with the cruise line. We give you our exclusive bonus offers, plus all qualifying cruise line offers, plus all of the cruise line loyalty program benefits. Book online or call 800-288-6006.
Check here for the most up to date information on each Cruise Destination, including vaccination requirements, mask mandates, shore excursions, and insurance requirements.