Overview: Princess Cays is a private island resort in the Bahamas used by Princess Cruises and Carnival Cruise Line. This tropical paradise offers cruisers a serene escape with pristine beaches, crystal-clear waters, and a range of activities.
How to Get There: Ships typically anchor offshore at Princess Cays, and passengers are tendered ashore.
What to Do While Here:
- Beach Time: Relax on the soft, sandy beaches and soak up the sun. Beach chairs and umbrellas are available for rent.
- Watersports: Enjoy various water activities such as snorkeling, kayaking, paddle boarding, and floating on colorful water mats.
- Nature Walk: Explore the island's natural beauty by taking a nature walk along marked trails, where you might spot local wildlife.
- Excursions: Shore excursions include guided snorkeling tours, island sightseeing, and boat rides.
- Coral Reef Bar: Sip on refreshing tropical drinks at the Coral Reef Bar, located on the island.
Kid Zone: Princess Cays offers a designated area for children called Pelican's Perch. Kids can enjoy supervised activities, a playground, and beach games. It's a great option for families traveling with children.
Drink Package: While onboard drink packages generally don't work on private islands like Princess Cays, you can use your cruise card or a cash account to purchase drinks at the island's bars.
Local Cuisine: The island typically provides a beach barbecue-style buffet for cruisers, offering a variety of grilled items such as burgers, hot dogs, chicken, and salads. It's a casual and convenient way to enjoy a meal while on the island.
Shopping: You'll find a few local shops on Princess Cays offering souvenirs, beachwear, and island-themed gifts. Most transactions can be made with your cruise card, but it's a good idea to have some cash or a credit card on hand for any additional purchases.
Insider Tip: Arriving early to Princess Cays allows you to secure prime beach spots and access activities with less crowd. Also, don't forget to bring sunscreen, hats, and reusable water bottles to stay hydrated. If you're planning on snorkeling, consider bringing your own equipment or renting it on the ship for a more comfortable experience. Lastly, keep an eye on the ship's schedule to ensure you return to the tender boats with ample time before departure.
For all the latest tips and tricks of cruising be sure to check out the Cruises.com Blog!
Book smart and get your choice of a FREE bonus offer when you book with Cruises.com instead of booking directly with the cruise line. We give you our exclusive bonus offers, plus all qualifying cruise line offers, plus all of the cruise line loyalty program benefits.
Book online at Cruises.com or call 800-288-6006 today.